Saturday, June 11, 2011

I am thankful for small amusements.


I am thankful for small amusements.  Those moments where you catch yourself smiling because something random or entertaining has come your way.  Your child mispronouncing a word, the driver putting on mascara with all the facial contortions in the car next to you, hearing any song by Milli Vanilli or Rick Springfield. These entertaining gems are most often not even granted the credibility of a comment.  They happen at the grocery store, or in the car, and by the time you get home you have forgotten they even transpired.  No one knows they existed. Not even you.  They are a lonely M&M found when your child hands you their wrapper: not anticipated, happily consumed, then sadly gone. Well, I have been paying attention to those flashes of funny the past few days, and they come around more often than you think. Do you have any you would like to share?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I loved Milli Vanilli! I was at the grocery store a few weeks back and actually heard one of their songs over the store radio. I couldn't help but smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about when you or someone near you snorts when they laugh. I love when that happens. It just makes the funny last a bit longer. :)

    ReplyDelete